Cooking: a teen survival skill
If you want to cook up a storm, celebrate with our delicious recipes or check out our list of websites for more ideas.
If you want to get a cookbook out of your local library, try these searches:
Try a class
CINCH (Community Information Christchurch) lists organisations who run cooking classes — why not try one?
Read our interview with teen chef Sam Stern. His greatest passion is cooking and he’s already made a name for himself in the UK with the publication of his first book, 'Cooking Up A Storm: The Teen Survival Cookbook'.
- Culinary Arts Collection
- This resource is suitable for the novice, the student and the professional chef. Coverage includes thousands of searchable recipes, nutational advice, industry information and practical instruction.
Access this with your library card number and password / PIN, or at our libraries.
- Allyson Gofton's Ecook
- Allyson Gofton - well-known New Zealand chef - has put lots of her recipes and tips for cooking online.
- BBC Food
- Hundreds of recipes under various headings - from Chocolate Biscuit Cake to Beef in Designer Beer
- Christchurch Vegetarian Centre
- Resources and information for young people. Practical advice for young people including a youth group. Health information, where to shop and plenty of recipes.
- This site has a wide variety of recipes as many are submitted by readers. Includes useful quantity converters and nutritional information.
- Includes step by step recipes, mouth watering photos and a great recipe finder - just enter your main ingredient and choose from a selection of recipes.
- Culinary Café
- More recipes for the Jamie Olivers among you
- Edmonds cooking
- Tasty recipes from the famous NZ brand
- Features recipes and menus from the magazines Bon Appetit! and Gourmet
- Food in a Minute recipes
- Online listings of the TV recipes featured on Food in a Minute
- helpful.com Food
- How to make all kinds of food dishes and drinks. Includes vegetarian recipes, recipes for students and more.
- It's my turn to cook tonight
- Simple, easy recipes for teens by Clare Gourley.
- NZ Vegetarian Society
- The facts about being a vegetarian. Includes links to other great sites (and recipes!)
- Recipes for teens
- From the teens health site so you know its going to be good... for you at least. Includes recipes for teens with specific conditions such as cystic fybrosis, lactose intolerance, diabetes, etc
- home of SOAR: The Searchable Online Archive of Recipes
- Reluctant Gourmet
- Recipes, techniques, specialty products, subscribe to a daily free recipe or read the blog all for the keen home cook.
- Sam Stern
- Videos, blog and recipes from teen chef Sam Stern.
- Sure to rise virtual recipe book
- The famous Edmonds cookbook online
- Vegetarian Nutrition for Teenagers
- Article on the Vegetarian Resource Group web site.
- Wattie's Project Cook
- Wattie's Project Cook aims to get kids aged 9 and over into cooking. Easy tasty recipes.