If you’re interested in global rights for young people and what that means locally, this page has links to help you.
International Youth Day
The United Nations recognises this with International Youth Day on 12 August. It’s a day to celebrate the positive achievements of youth all over the world.
The 2013 theme is Youth Migration, Moving Development Forward and it aims
to raise awareness of the opportunities and risks associated with youth migration, share knowledge and information stemming from recent research and analysis on this topic, and engage young people in discussions on their migration experiences.
International rights websites
- Amnesty International
- Join in with over 1.5 million people who are already speaking out about human rights.
- Child Soldiers International
- Works to prevent the recruitment and use of children as soldiers.
- Freechild Project
- Children's rights are being abused throughout the world. Find out what you can do about it.
- Global Focus Aotearoa
- Resources for young people and educators about creating a just world. In 2011, because of a lack of funding, Global Focus ceased to publish; however you can still download all archived publications and resources. Global Focus has established the Global Focus Fund with the aim to provide funding for Global Citizenship education for New Zealanders.
- TakingITGlobal TIG
- A collaborative learning community giving you access to global opportunities, cross-cultural connections and meaningful participation in decision-making.
- Trade Aid
- New Zealand based fair trade organisation, with many suggestions of actions that you can take to fair trade your world!
- Children's rights throughout the world.
- United Nations
- United Nations homepage.
- United Nations Youth New Zealand
- Key role players in the establishment of a vision of a healthy, equal & peaceful world.
- Voices of Youth (UNICEF)
- Voices of Youth (VOY) is UNICEF's online place for young people to learn more about issues affecting their world, in particular human rights and children's rights.
- Youth For Human Rights
- Learn about human rights and become an advocate for the promotion of tolerance and peace.