Careers Expos and Open Days
What are you going to do when school's finished?
Careers Expos and Open Days are designed to help you decide. They give you the chance to talk to staff, students and industry representatives and explore the campus and facilities.
Here are some of the local events to keep in mind - give them a whirl and maybe they will help you be clearer about what you want in a career.
- Careers Expo
- New Zealand's largest National Careers Expo connects you with hundreds of leading corporate, government and educational exhibitors offering career opportunities. Career planning advice and resources, including study and training options for different career paths.
- CPIT Events (including Open Days)
- Find out when individual schools and departments are having open days at CPIT.
- CPIT Open Days
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technoligy offers over 150 career-focussed courses at two Christchurch campuses. They hold Open Days and Industry Expos throughout the year.
- Lincoln University Open Day
- Each year, during the July School Holidays, Lincoln University invites prospective students and their friends and whanau to join us on campus for the Lincoln University Open Day. If you're thinking about studying at Lincoln University or would like more information about how you can gain a specialist land based education, Open Day is your opportunity to visit the campus and find out more.
- New Zealand Institute of Sport
- NZIS regularly host open days & evenings where parents and students are invited to explore the campus, speak with tutors and find out what study options are available.
- Sir George Seymour Campus Open Days
- Sir George Seymour is a airline, travel and tourism training provider that holds nationwide campus open days.
- Southern Institute of Technology
- SIT is a tertiary institution with campuses across the South Island as well as distance learning. For a list of Open Days, check out the orange Events tab down the left hand side of the page.
- University of Canterbury Open Days
- Open Days provide a great opportunity to find out more about UC and our courses, and experience what it's like to be a University of Canterbury student.
- Workchoice Day
- Every year the Workchoice Trust coordinates 150 schools and 300 companies to help 7,000 Year 12 students make informed career decisions.