Youth health services in Christchurch
The 298 Youth Health Centre is now open on 298 Barbadoes Street, Christchurch. The new centre provides free sexual and mental health and GP services for young people up to the age of 25 in Christchurch.
Dr Sue Bagshaw is the head of the clinic. Three doctors and three nurses will help provide comprehensive physical and mental health services.
The 298 Youth Health Centre replaces the 198 Youth Health Centre which closed in April 2010 because of a lack of funding.
More Christchurch youth health resources
Here are some resources to help you get in touch with health information:
- Doctor G is here to provide support and suggestions for any genuine problem you may have with health, sexual health or relationship issues. The service is supported by experts from Community and Public Health, Canterbury District Health Board.
- Address the stress is a website brought to you by New Zealand Red Cross with tips for getting through hard times and it is also a place to share yourown tips.
- Community and Public Health - Their website also carries a wide range of health information including:
- My Body — The Pulse’s section on health including helplines, free dental care, and a range of issues.
- Services for youth — CINCH (Community Information Christchurch) listing of services aimed at young people.
298 Youth Health Centre
Phone number: 03 9439 298
Text for appointments: 0220 812 991
298 Barbadoes Street
PO Box 2986
Read the article Youth Health Centre opens in The Press by Nicole Mathewson, 13 August 2012