What you put into your body is what you get out of it – mentally and physically – and it’s yours for life, so look after it.
- 0800WHATSUP (0800 942 8787)
- A free, confidential, professional telephone counselling service for 5 to 18 year olds. 1pm to 11pm, seven days a week.
- Doctor G
- Our very own Doctor G provides support and suggestions for any genuine problem you may have with health, sexual health or relationship issues. The service is provided by experts from Community and Public Health, CDHB.
- All calls are confidential and non-judgemental - we are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Christchurch (03) 366 6743 or FREE Phone: 0800 LifeLine - 0800 543 354. LifeLine Christchurch provides a non-crisis, email counselling service: firstname.lastname@example.org your email will be responded to within 72 hours.
- Help on any topic: 0800 37 66 33, Free Text 234 or email.
- 298 Youth Health
- Free medical care and counselling services for those aged 10-24 years in Christchurch. Located at 298 Barbadoes Street.
- Alcohol / Drug Helpline
- 0800 787 797 for free confidential information, insight and support on any problem, issue or query you have about your own or someone else's drinking or drug taking.
- Anxiety New Zealand Trust
- The Phobic Trust offers a 24 hour support for people who are in crisis with a panic attack. 0800 14 ANXIETY (0800 14 26 94 68 9)
- Cellphone bullying
- Dealing with cell phone bullies in New Zealand. From the Internet Safety Group.
- Chur Chur Bro
- Video and music resources and activities that focus on mental health care information and knowledge. The Chur Chur Bro website is a bilingual mental health self-help care website for Rangatahi Māori (12-18 years old).
- Depression Helpline
- 0800 111 757 to talk to a trained counsellor who can discuss your situation and find the right support for you. Available 8am to midnight.
- Go Ask Alice
- Brilliant Q & A service - totally anonymous and covers just about everything.
- Psychiatric Emergency Services
- PES provides 24 hour emergency care and assessments for people in psychiatric crisis as well as providing information about the support services available. Christchurch (03) 364 0640 or FREE Phone 0800 920 092.
- Skylight offers a wide range of services to support those facing tough times of change, loss, trauma and grief. Content includes videos and posters.