Family & Friends
Its not always easy getting on with the people in your life. Moving
can mean losing old friends and having to make new ones. Even best friends
go through rough patches. Check out the
selected on family and friends for help and advice plus real action
that you can take right now.
- Doctor G
- Our very own Doctor G provides support and suggestions for any genuine problem you may have with health, sexual health or relationship issues. The service is provided by experts from Community and Public Health, CDHB.
- How to handle your head - getting to know yourself.
- Child and Youth Health
- It's all here - siblings, dating, violence, parents, sexual abuse, step-families and more
- Go Ask Alice
- Brilliant Q & A service - totally anonymous and covers just about everything.
- Making Friends
- What makes a friend? What behaviours put people off being friends? This site has some good advice on how to make friends, changing schools and stopping bullying.
- St John of God Waipuna
- Providing support and opportunities for change, support and advice for young people and young parents and drug counselling.
- Teen Help
- An awesome site that is for teens and parents of teens with over a hundred of articles covering a variety of teen issues such as: teen suicide, depression, eating disorders, online safety, teen sexuality, dating, adolescent development, school, drug and alcohol abuse, parenting tips, and many many more.
- That's Not Cool
- Thatsnotcool.com is designed to address new and complicated problems between teens who are dating or hooking up - problems like constant and controlling texting, pressuring for nude pictures, and breaking into someone's e-mail or social networking page.
- Youthline Info Zone
- Man, this site has got it ALL - not only does it offers tons of help about drugs, alcohol, body image, stress, sex and the law, etc.