Every Story Tells a Picture – Art Competition
Do you enjoy making art? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to get creative and be in to win great prizes at the same time!
Competition closed 31 July 2015. Find out the winners.
Entering the competition is easy
Use a library resource (catalogue, eResource, etc.) to choose a piece of writing, for example a short story, a poem, a book, or a speech.
Create a piece of artwork (photograph, drawing/illustration, textile, etc.) that illustrates this piece of writing.
There are three categories you can enter:
There are two age groups: Junior (school years 9 and 10) and Senior (school years 11, 12 and 13).
The competition is open to all Christchurch high school students. There are $100 Westfield vouchers to be won in each category and age group.
Drop off your entry with your entry form at any Christchurch City Library before 5pm on Friday 31 July 2015.
Terms and conditions
By entering this competition you accept the following terms and conditions:
- To enter the competition, you must be between year 9 and year 13 and a member of Christchurch City Libraries. We may request proof of membership and your age.
- You must supply all required contact details.
- Entries must be based on a piece of writing found using Christchurch City Libraries’ catalogue.
- Entries must be your own work. By submitting your entry you agree that you are the creator of the work and hold copyright.
- Entering the competition gives permission for your work to be displayed under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND NZ licence. If you are a winner, your work may be used for display purposes for a limited time and you agree to be interviewed and photographed for The Pulse website and consent to your name, photograph, image and/or interview being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Your entry must be delivered to any Christchurch City Library, with the completed entry form, by 5pm on Friday 31st July 2015.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into and prizes are not transferable.
- A 2D piece of art work can be an oil painting, watercolour, mixed media, pastel, pencil and other media in 2D. The piece of work must not exceed 90cm x 90 cm in size and must not project off the surface more than 2.5cm.
- A 3D piece of art work must not exceed 50cm x 50cm x 50cm and 10kg in weight.
- A photograph must be no larger than A3 and must not exceed a file size of 5MB.
- The winning entries will be exhibited at the Upper Riccarton Library following the completion of judging. Up to a maximum of 20 other works may be selected for public exhibition.